Deciding to commission a piece of art is exciting, but can be confusing. Let’s keep it simple, by following the steps below:
1. Choosing me as your artist: If you would like a bit more information, please contact me for a friendly chat.
2. Choosing your image: You probably already have an image in mind – it really has to be good quality – ideally 1500 x 1500 pixels or more so I can see lots of detail. A selection of 3 or 4 photographs showing your subject in different angles, stances, etc would be great.
3. Finding out a bit more: When you get in touch, I will ask you to describe what you have in mind. The kind of questions you can expect from me are:
- Please can you send me the image you have in mind?
- What medium would you like? (my standard is acrylic on a box canvas)
- What size would you like?
- Where / who is it for?
- What would you like me to do with the background?
- When do you need it by? (Try for at least 8 weeks ahead, and book especially early around Christmas time – I get busy!)
Once I have this information, I can get you an exact quote. The table below should give you an idea of my prices, although other sizes of canvas are available.
I ask for a £50 deposit up front to cover cost of materials and secure your order.
|Background||20 x 20cm||30 x 40cm||30 x 60cm||50 x 50cm|
For multiple subjects, add £50.
4. During the creation: I will keep in touch with you, and ask for your feedback as the painting progresses. This gives you the opportunity for more creative input into the painting.
5. Receiving the painting: I will email a photograph of the final piece to you. When you are 100% happy with it, you will pay the balance and it will be safely posted to you.
If you are interested in one of my existing paintings, please have a look in my online shop!